The No-Code Movement: Predictions for How No-Code Will Change the World

Over the last decade, the no-code movement has sprung up to provide tools that redefine the concept of a software engineer. These no-code tools are allowing a growing number of individuals (often with no development experience) to build all kinds of software quickly – without writing any code. 

We believe no-code represents a major paradigm shift in the way everyone will approach software development. At its core, it’s a movement that champions accessibility, democratization, and efficiency in creating digital solutions. 

Clearly, we think the no-code movement is a big deal. After all, we’ve made it our business to help companies of all sizes build faster and leaner using no-code. We truly believe it’s the future of software development. Below are just a few of the biggest ways in which we think it will change the world:

  • A massive rise in the profession of the “no-code developer”: people will discover that they can make a good living building software this way, without a need for a formal degree or being in a certain location.
  • More custom software: there will be a decrease in the power of SaaS as companies discover that it’s often cheaper and better to build their own software instead of using something that’s off-the-shelf.
  • An explosion in “long-tail” software: this is software meant to solve a very specific need for a niche audience.
  • A significantly greater standardization of software development: this will result in 80% of products being built in a standard way, while the other 20% is built custom, to accommodate the specific consumer needs.
  • A more fulfilling role for traditional developers: traditional coders/engineers will spend more of their time solving complex technical problems, while using no-code tools to solve the simple ones.
  • Much broader access to software entrepreneurship: people without technical backgrounds or access to large amounts of capital will be able to build companies using no-code.

The rise of no-code development has been nothing short of remarkable. With the increasing demand for custom software solutions (which have traditionally been prohibitively expensive and slow to develop), no-code represents a major opportunity –  for both entrepreneurs, intrapreneurs, and individuals looking for a new career. 

No-code tools make software development faster (by replacing writing with clicking), more stable (by optimizing technical infrastructure centrally), and more accessible (by eliminating the need for coding skills). Given this immense potential, it’s no wonder that no-code has become one of the hottest categories in the tech space.

If you need custom software development done in a fraction of the time and cost of traditional developers, learn more about our services as a Bubble agency here. Or, if you want to become a professional no-code developer, check out our free bootcamp to start learning.