A common question we get from clients is "can Bubble connect to X API?". The answer is a resounding yes, thanks to Bubble's powerful API Connector plugin.
One of the greatest advantages of using the no-code tool Bubble is its ability to integrate with APIs and external databases quickly.
To help you integrate with APIs like a traditional coder and connect to 3rd-party services, we've put together the following educational information around API's and resources for using the Bubble API Connector.
About API calls: A quick refresher
Before we jump into how to using Bubble's API Connector, let's first go over a few basic things on API calls.
If you’re new to the awesome world of API calls and connections, we strongly recommend you check out the following resources first:
How to use the Bubble API Connector
The API Connector is a plugin built by Bubble which allows you to build your own custom connections to other products which support an API connection.
If you're unsure how to read API documentation or set up API calls in Bubble, we have a 7-part video series explaining how to read API documentation, how to use this information to set up an API call in Bubble's API Connector, and how Bubble.io captures and displays the API response in the design tab. Watch them here:
- How to connect to any API via Bubble’s API Connector (no Auth) [API Connector Tutorial 1/7]
- How to set up Private Key API Authentication on Bubble [API Connector Tutorial 2/7]
- How to set up Basic Authentication for APIs on Bubble [API Connector Tutorial 3/7]
- How to set up OAuth on Bubble using Spotify Part 1 (manual process) [API Connector Tutorial 4/7]
- How to set up OAuth on Bubble using Spotify Part 2 (via API Connector) [API Connector Tutorial 5/7]
- How to set up Webhooks on Bubble using Shopify [API Connector Tutorial 6/7]
- How to read JSON API Response in Bubble [API Connector Tutorial 7/7]
For even more info, access the Bubble API Connector Reference Guide here.
Need a Bubble developer to help build your app fast?
While Bubble is still faster and easier than traditional development, it has a higher learning curve than some off-the-shelf no-code tools. Refer to our guide What is Bubble.io? to learn more about how Bubble works and if it's right for you.
If you’re looking for an outside Bubble developer to help you quickly build your custom app fast, Airdev can help. We're is the largest and most highly-rated Bubble agency globally.
If you need to launch a custom, production-grade app fast, contact us about your project today!